Speech and Debate Program Description
Give your child the opportunity to excel at public speaking. For four days your child will be able to boost their confidence, enhance their critical thinking skills, and learn the basics of the art of public speaking. Students will have the opportunity to learn from nationally ranked debaters and be introduced to the world of debate. Mock debates will be held, along with impromptu speeches. Aa parents, you will get day to day feedback about your child and their improvement along the course. For younger kids we will focus on the more basic material, such as enunciation and modulation. For older kids, we will incorporate more higher level material such as rhetorical devices. All students will be part of our current event section, where we discuss real world problems and increase the students’ general knowledge. Throughout this whole experience, the students will be working on their own speech, that they will present on the final day to their peers and parents.
What to expect
- Sessions will be one hour each.
- Experienced high school public speakers will be teaching the course
- Parents will be able to see their child deliver their speech on the last day
- Students will be asked to take notes throughout the course
- There will be many interactive activities
- Parents may view the powerpoint presented that day if they wish
- Our program is certified by members of Toastmasters